Friday, January 29, 2010

Milk warrants a pick up line..

So..I had a grand experience at the circle K near campus..After loads of mexican one night we go back to Richards dorm but it's cold out so hot chocolate...we need milk. So my car full of people go grab some. So from the time I enter said Circle K the cashier man is talking to me THROUGH and OVER the whole gas station "HEYYYYYY It's cold outside huh? Better bundle up!" So I get the milk and come towards the counter to pay and the following conversation happens..

Cashier man:"So..Milk huh? Because I know you for sure can't buy these(points to cigarettes) or that (points to beer).

Me:"Yuuup milk..really? How old do you think I am?"

Cashier man:"17 MAYBE 18 at best.."

Me:"uhh..really? That's funny, i get that all the time! I'm 23"

Cashier man:"(dying laughing) HAHAHA..I doubt that..I would have to see ID to believe it and still then I wouldn't be sure."

Me:"Oh..I don't have my ID but I am.. you really think I'm lying?"

Cashier man:"No..I don't. Actually yeah.. yeah..you are lying for sure."

Me:"Oh..uhh..well I'm def not 17 or 18 or lying sooo... umm ok, thanks bye!"

..it was awesomely awkward. But ohhh it get's better. A couple weeks later me and some of my best friends are hanging out and one of them blurted out "You will never guess what happened to me at the circle K just now!" and she repeated the previous conversation! Same guy..same line..happened to her too. After a lot of jokes and laughter the circle K story will forever live in history.

This experience reminds me of how much the Lord pursues and longs for me. "Since you are PRECIOUS and honored in my sight and because I LOVE YOU, I will give men in exhange for you, and people in EXCHANGE FOR YOUR LIFE." Isaiah 43:4 and " I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full" John 10:10. That doesn't mean that if I tack on Jesus to my life that then I will have abundant life..that means it was never abundant to begin with. He gives life so that then it is abundant. He breathes life into my once dead heart. I didn't have life before him. In Isaiah He says "Since you are precious.." He considers me precious.." I will give men in exchange for you.." He gave His son's life in exchange for mine, sent Him die MY shameful & brutal death. How can I not respond to that with my whole life?

The Lord is all satisfying and is always in pursuit of an intimate, deep, life altering and defining relationship. Thank you Lord for always showing up in my life, giving me life and pursuing me. Thank you Lord for stepping down from Glory and taking on every inch of my shame that I rightfully deserved. May this deeply move me everyday.

Brittany

No comments:

Post a Comment