Saturday, January 2, 2010

Double doors, boxes and workers..oh my!

So after a 7 hour drive back from good ole' Nashville, TN. Kelsey and I grab dinner and then head to CVS to pick something up because we were already out. We head into CVS and while Kelsey is getting what she needs I decide to go to the little girls room. So the CVS lady was like "Yeah..it's in the back through those double doors.." So merrily I walk along to the back..the only set of double doors are these beautiful gleaming grey warehouse looking doors. So what do I do? I go through them..she told me double doors and they were the only ones I saw so duh! What I enter into is a room FULL of boxes everywhere..most def their storage room. Do I turn around..nope! I keep walking actually climbing over boxes looking for the restroom. Until I end up in the break room and another CVS worker is like "Uhh..." yes, i stumped him for words. So I tell him my mission and he directs me to where she originally intended. I climb away laughing hysterically. When I came back to the CVS pharmacy and told them my adventure..they were all laughing. It was great.

So I think that everything is an opportunity and can be an opportunity to learn about Christ. My box climbing adventure really makes me think about what is commanded of my life. (If anyone would come after me, he must deny himself and take up his cross daily and follow me Luke 9:23) My life should look radically crazy to american culture. I should be doing things that don't make sense. (Enter through the narrow gate. For wide is the gate and broad is the road that leads to destruction, and many enter through it. But small is the gate and narrow is the road that leads to life and only a few find it. Matthew 7:13-14) I can either walk in life through a safe, organized CVS store or go through the double doors where there are a lot of boxes, hard work and sacrifice. While there are boxes and it's a life of being uncomfortable I am sure of who I am heading towards and it should be my joy! (Jesus replied, "Foxes have holes and birds of the air have nests, but the son of man has no place to lay his head." Matthew 8:20) He always has His glory and how changing me can better display Him and less of me in mind. He wants to deeply satisfy me and greatly display himself. He yearns for a deep relationship with His people. This life isn't about me...whatever that looks like, bring it!


"As Jesus was walking beside the Sea of Galilee, he saw two brothers, Simon called Peter and his brother Andrew. They were casting a net into the lake, for they were fishermen. "Come, follow me," Jesus said, "and I will make you fishers of men." At once they left their nets and followed him." Matthew 4:18-20


"Why you do not even know what will happen tomorrow. What is your life? You are a mist that appears for a little while and then vanishes." James 4: 14

-Brittany

No comments:

Post a Comment