Sunday, January 3, 2010

Welcome to my life

So to be honest, i wasn't sure how i felt about this whole blogging thing. I am very much the one-on-one introvert type... but after much encouragement from my lovely roommate and a text message from her saying "Just posted to our blog! You post about the car lighter :)" i felt obligated. kidding- it might be fun! so here it is... a 2 for 1. oh and thanks Ashton and Amanda for inspiring us ha :)

Every time Nick, my boyfriend, and I get together, we always look for fun and innovative things to do; i.e. going to the zoo in Christmas sweaters, Grizzlies games, comedy shows, ornament shopping, making homemade pizza, and countless other random adventures. On this particular night, restlessly sitting in the Whicker living room, I suddenly get the brilliant idea that we should learn some dance moves on youtube. So we begin with some swing dancing. After much effort, we're just not getting it. We move on from swinging and get to the heart of both of us- STOMPING. After a diligent search on youtube we find the perfect instructor and our new best friend BREE! MEET BREE:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ngeM0ROkZWM&feature=PlayList&p=E49DA33DC8B5FBBB&index=0
Many hours and laughs later, our hands were stinging and our thighs were purple so we called it quits. Yeah i know it's silly, but it reminded me how thankful I am for laughter.
Lord, thank you for giving us laughter. More than that thank you for abundant, eternal, ultimate joy in Yourself. Psalm 126:2-3 Our mouths were filled with laughter, our tongues with songs of joy. Then it was said among the nations, "The Lord has done great things for them." The Lord has done great things for us, and we are filled with joy.


Story numero 2- (yes britt finally the car lighter story :))
Brittany, Sarah, and I are on our way to Nashville for New Year's Conference with Campus Outreach. It's about 5 hours into the trip with 2 hours to go. Sarah is dozing off in the backseat, Brittany is... multitasking aka driving, tailgating, and texting (ha :)), and I am of course getting restless. So i decide to try out Brittany's cigarette lighter thing. I push it in and await the results. About 10 seconds later the dang thing violently pops out of its hole and is flying towards Brittany. It goes under her seat out of sight and reach. Panic rising inside of me, I look to Brittany for a solution. To my surprise she has her legs up off the ground (not quite sure why) and is hysterically laughing. Thinking she doesn't grasp the horror of what has just happened, i scream "Brittany, the cigarette lighter is on the floor!!! It's going to burn your car!!!" Then Sarah, coming out of a daze and calmly asks (culprit in hand) "is this what you're looking for?"
My reaction to the "emergency" looks a little like the way i deal with my sin sometimes. I panic, thinking it will tear me down, and look to other things to fix it. The truth is yes sin is destructive and detestable to God, but because Jesus gave His life there is repentance, healing, and forgiveness. In His death and resurrection Christ is victorious over death and sin. He gives abundant grace to enable me to turn from sin and cling to Himself. He is the only solution, and He never fails!

Acts 2:24 But God raised Him up again, putting an end to the agony of death, since it was impossible for Him to be held in its power.

John 16:33 I have told you these things, so that you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world. -Jesus

-Kelsey

No comments:

Post a Comment