Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Get it!

So I made an afternoon trip to the arch enemy yesterday...the gym. Planet fitness is a great place to people watch as you work out. I stroll in..get the card scanned and hang my keys on the rack where you see a plethora of jangles. I hop on the torture device, also known as the elliptical, and pedal away. I get the bright idea to "keep my body guessing" according to the magazine I read a zillion years ago.."vary your exercises...hike one day..jog another..kayak the third.." yada yada. So I jab the cardio button, turn on my good friend Sho baraka(Lions and Liars..check out his new album!) and get going. After about 5 minutes on the elliptical I'm gasping for air and desperately clinging to the handles to get a good stance so WHEN I fall off this thing..something will catch me. I scan the room and I notice this man in the weight lifting area, not because he's lifting one of those 5,000 pound weights with his pinky finger but because he is full out dancing to whatever music was on his iPod. It was GREAT. He would stop his workout to get after it. I loved it! It reminded me of the freedom in Christ. " It is for freedom that Christ has set us free. Stand firm, then, and do not let yourselves be burdened again by a yoke of slavery." Galatians 5:1. Freedom in it's greek definition means to "be liberated from various kinds of ownership,released, not enslaved". Stand firm in it's greek context means to " establish, be present, settled the matter". Also, what they mean by a "yoke of slavery" isn't yoke as in egg..during that time it was a draft bar that was placed on animals to drag various objects. Now..go back to the verse and read it now that we have picked it apart a little..I'm serious..do it. Now think about it for a hot second..take however long and really wrestle with it.

I was released from various kinds of ownership to one owner who loves me unconditionally and so sacrificially that he sent his son to die for a relationship with his people, Hallelujah! That man in the gym didn't care.. he wanted to dance to his music and enjoy that while he was working out, so he went after it. I want to "Stand firm then and do not be burdened again by a yoke of slavery" Let's get after it.

"Identity is found in the God we trust. Any other identity will self destruct" Lecrae

Check out these two songs (click the link)


and




Brittany


1 comment:

  1. This reminds me of 2 Corinthians 3:17 "Now the Lord is the Spirit, and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom."

    Loved it!

    'Jangles'--definitely using that.

    ReplyDelete