Thursday, December 17, 2009

War of the Whip





Welcome to the war of the whip..it's a secret, not talked about war between Kelsey and I. You see..we have this bowl..in all it's glory. It's white, perfectly round, heats to just the right temperature, cools down fast because of it's lack of stability and is even festive on the outside. While Kelsey and I have tons of bowls, anywhere from plastic DG(dollar general) to glass (well 1..) we choose this one. Over and over Kelsey and I are looking to who got to use it first or who has it soaking to wash. We always let out a sigh when it's unavailable.

While it's all funny it still reminds me of the fact that there are millions of children and adults around the world who don't even have the opportunity to have a bowl filled with anything. They go days..weeks..months with nothing..NOTHING. Yet Kels and I get to use it all the time for various foods. The Lord is so gracious to provide us with food and not only that but food that we love. It challenges me deeply to evaluate what I am doing with my resources to help those in need. Life is short, so so so short. I want to give Him all I've got. I want to consider others as I consider myself. Am I really willing to go to extremes to fight to meet needs as Christ did and still does? I am commanded to consider others as myself..I should be so concerned with their starvation as though I am starving.

"He will reply, 'I tell you the truth, whatever you did not do for one of the least of these, you did not do for me.' " Matthew 25:45


-Brittany

No comments:

Post a Comment